PRP Hair Treatment
Are you experiencing thinning hair (your part appears wider, hair line is thinner, too much hair left in your hairbrush or in the drain after a shower), and don’t know why? 40% of women experience hair loss by age 40! 85% of men have visible hair loss by age 50. Not all hair thinning is a caused aging, we are seeing more hair loss in women in their 20’s and 30’s than ever before.
We understand how important a healthy head of hair is, not only to your overall appearance, but to your self-esteem. Thinning hair can be devastating for women of any age. 89% of women report hair loss causes depression. The emotional impact of hair loss can make you feel confused, depressed, and hopeless, especially when you do not know why.
Some hair loss, like that experienced with pregnancy, stress, and certain medications, may only be a temporary side effect. Each hair follicle goes through a normal cycle over the course of several years where a follicle grows, rests, and sheds. Then a new hair replaces it and the cycle starts again. It is perfectly normal for a women to lose a 100 hairs a day, and this typically dose not result in thinning hair.
Other hair loss is not temporary and should prompt a thorough evaluation with your physician.
There are several causes of Alopecia (Hair Loss):
- Hormone Imbalance
* Testosterone deficiency/excess
* Thyroid deficiency/excess
- Iron deficiency, anemia
- Prescription medications
* Oral contraceptives
* Blood pressure medications (B-blockers)
* H2 Blockers (Pepcid, Zantac)
- Poor diet, specifically low protein or severe calorie restriction
- Over-processing hair
* Hair color more often than every 10-12 weeks
* Chlorine exposure
* Harsh shampoo, products
- Overuse of alcohol
- Dry scalp
- Inflammation, which can be related to multiple factors (physical and emotional stress, leaky gut, adrenal dysfunction, insulin resistance, obesity, toxin exposure). Recent research suggests hair follicles have receptors for cortisol. Cortisol is released as a response to stress, which results in inflammation at the level of the hair follicle. This inflammation results in decreased blood flow, oxygenation, and nutrient delivery and absorption at the level of the hair follicle, causing hair loss.
- Stress (physical and emotional, both acute and chronic) directly inhibits hair growth through Substance P, a neuropeptide which induces inflammation, activates mast cells/cytokine release, pushing hair follicles into the “transitional” phase, which will result in shedding of that hair within weeks.
The main type of hair loss in both women and men is Androgenic Alopecia, which is a genetic condition resulting in hair loss. In men, hair loss is characterized by a receding hairline, in the typical “M” distribution, as well as thinning and eventual baldness at the crown. Women experience a general thinning over the entire scalp (first noticing a widening of their part), with the most extensive hair loss at the crown.
Despite extensive research, the factors involved in female androgenic alopecia remain unknown, and to make it more confusing, the role of androgens (or male sex hormones) is hard to determine.
Unless caused by a very rare androgen-producing tumor, hair loss in post-menopausal women is NOT associated with androgen excess. We actually see significant hair loss in women who are testosterone deficient.
63% of women with thinning hair report “hair re-growth” on testosterone replacement therapy.
Go to www.cenegenicsparkcity.com for more info on hormone replacement therapy.
Increased levels of androgens in hair follicles can lead to a shorter cycle of hair growth, thinner and shorter stands of hair. Rarely, a woman with extremely high levels of androgens may experience hair loss if they genetically convert testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone) in the scalp/hair follicle. This side effect of testosterone replacement can be managed with the supplement Saw Palmetto or prescription medication Finasteride, which decreases the conversion of testosterone to DHT. Saw Palmetto acts as an anti-inflammatory and does not cause the sexual side effects (decrease in libido) which can be seen with Finasteride.
WHAT IS PRP HAIR RESTORATION?
The revolutionary Vampire® Hair Regrowth procedure uses your own Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injected into the scalp to encourage new hair growth. The application of PRP causes miniaturized hair follicles to become healthier and larger, producing more robust hair growth. Follicular progenitor cells become activated, and PRP is loaded with growth factors that promote rapid development of new blood vessels and localized cell growth.
Effective for both male and female pattern hair loss, Vampire® Hair Regrowth has also *regrown hair in alopecia areata, eyebrow hypotrichosis and other patient cases with non-hereditary hair loss.
HOW DOES PRP HAIR REGROWTH WORK?
The Vampire® Hair Regrowth treatment takes about 60 minutes to complete. First, a blood sample is obtained which is specially processed to produce the PRP. A local anesthetic is then administered to completely numb the scalp treatment area. The PRP is then administered via a series of injections over the full scalp or in a localized treatment area such as the eyebrows or beard then more platelets are then micro-needled into the scalp for a heightened effect.
The recovery from the procedure is typically uneventful. *Pain is easily managed in most cases with non-narcotic pain relievers such as Ibuprofen. Some mild swelling of the forehead is occasionally seen one to two days after injections. This is normal and will typically resolve in 48 hours. Avoiding vigorous activity is recommended until the swelling is gone. There is no other downtime or noticeable effects of the procedure. Patients can wash their hair normally immediately after the injections.
*New hair growth can be seen as early as two months, but is typically *evident between four to eight months and will continue to improve up to a year after treatment. To date, results have been maintained without additional injections for up two years in many patients, but no long-term data is yet available to conclude that this hair growth is permanent.
WHAT TYPES OF CONDITIONS RESPOND TO THE VAMPIRE® HAIR RESTORATION TREATMENT?
The Vampire® Hair Restoration technique is a versatile tool in the treatment of hair loss for a number of causes including:
• Male Pattern Hair Loss – especially in the early stages of balding, or anytime there is a lot of miniaturized hair on the scalp
• Female Pattern Hair Loss – at all stages of hair loss
• Hypotrichosis (fine/reduced hairs) of the eyebrows or beard
• Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis
• Metabolic causes of hair loss – iron deficiency and medication induced hair loss
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICING
- PRP Hair Treatment $2,400 (two treatments 4-6 weeks apart)